How to handle your number inventory, order new numbers, and understand compliance
The number inventory allows you to see all the phone numbers that are associated with your account and purchase new numbers. If you asked us to port your numbers, or you want to buy new numbers, the number inventory also shows you which numbers are assigned to which users or groups and their compliance level.
To access the number inventory, click on the company name and select Number Inventory.
To purchase a phone number, select the “BUY A NUMBER” button on the top right corner.
Clicking this button should bring up this window:
A couple of things to note here:
- You can select to buy more than one number at a time. However, all of the numbers that you buy in a single purchase will have to be in the same area code.
- The Area Code checker will run immediately and let you know if we have numbers available in your requested area code.
- While you can up the compliance of the numbers here, you can also adjust this later.
- If you choose to purchase multiple numbers, then the application will attempt to purchase the quantity of numbers available so long as they are available. If your complete quantity is not available, we will purchase as many numbers are available!
- Numbers are purchased in real time and are active and available immediately.
You can set your fax lines in the application to be used in a HIPAA compliant setting. Utilization of this feature should follow the guidelines implemented by your Security and Compliance Officer.)
Selecting “Compliant” means that:
- Faxes that are received to a that number will trigger an email without an attachment
- Attachments from compliant fax lines will not be stored in the application
- Attachments on received faxes will be removed after a specified amount of time.
A non-compliant fax line on the other hand will allow you to see an attachment on a “fax received” email and the application will not remove the files from received faxes.