Guide to Using the officeXtend Application
officeXtend is our newest mobile and desktop client for calling using your unified communications service. Download our officeXtend apps to connect from any mobile device or any Windows or macOS computer.
Download officeXtend apps:
NOTE: officeXtend desktop for Windows is supported on Windows 10 and up and macOS 12 and above.
New updates - October 17, 2023 client builds now available.
- Additional updates to address various audio issues
- Added support for Office365 contacts
- Added support for Plantronics/Poly headsets if the Plantronics Hub software is installed
Dec 8, 2022 client builds
- Updates to address various audio issues
- Update to specifically address audio issues on HP Elitebook laptops (or others like them) that include more than two microphones. Additional updates are pending for further improvements.
- Addressed an issue where the silent install option for Windows did not always create the start folders for all users
- Addressed an issue where the Windows taskbar icon was not very visible
- Fixed an issue that was causing messages to be sent multiple times
New pkg installer for macOS. This installer offers a guided installation.
Oct 19, 2022 client builds
- Addresses some audio issues a few users were reporting on Windows
- Fixes a silent install issue on Windows where the start menu items were not always being created in other user accounts
Sept 1, 2022 client builds
- Addresses higher than normal CPU usage on Windows
- Fixed login logo
- Fixed purple Messages button color
NOTE: This windows application can be silently installed using the following from a command prompt when run as administrator.
installer_name.exe /S /AllUsers /D=install location
where installer_name.exe is the name of the file downloaded above. For example:
OFFICEXTEND-220.127.116.11_fe31040-x86_9_1_22.exe /S /AllUsers /D=C:\Program Files\officeXtend
To remove the application after using the above installation method, run the following command at the command prompt using run as administrator:
\"Program Files"\officeXtend\Uninstall.exe /S
The above assumes the application was installed to C:\Program Files\officeXtend.
officeXtend for Android will be especially beneficial to those users who have upgraded to Android 10 and above or iOS 14 and above and are having issues with answering incoming calls.
The officeXtend User Guide for Mobile can be downloaded here.
The officeXtend User Guide for Desktop can be downloaded here.