Using the Poly VVX 201 Desktop Phone
The soft keys located underneath the phone screen perform the functions that appear directly above them on the display. Their functions are context sensitive, which means the function of the soft keys change depending upon your current activity. For example, if you are conferencing, the soft keys display functions related to the conference function.
With the VVX 201, you have the ability to access up to 3 lines. The line keys, located to the left and right of the phone screen, indicate the status of your lines and associated activity. The backlighting informs you when a line is idle, ringing, in use, on hold or disconnected altogether.
The Navigation keys allow you to scroll through the options and lists on the display keys by pressing left, right, up or down. To select an item, press the Select button (the button in the center of the navigation keys).
Answer a Call
To answer a call, simply pick up the handset or press the Answer soft key, Speakerphone key or Headset key.
Place a Call
To place a call, simply pick up the handset or press the Call soft key, Speakerphone key or Headset key. Then dial the number.
Set up Voicemail
- Initiate a call.
- Dial *62 or your extension.
- At the prompt, enter in a unique passcode, then press #.
- Re-enter your passcode, then press #.
- Follow instructions to record your name.
- Follow prompts to:
- Access voicemail box
- Access greetings menu
- Change call forwarding options
- Make a call
- Change pass code
- Exit voice portal
Retrieve Voicemail Messages
A blinking red “message waiting” indicator light notifies you when you have a new voicemail message. To check your voicemail, initiate a call and dial *62 or your extension. Enter your voicemail pass code, then press #. (If you forgot your pass code, please contact your system administrator.) Follow the audio prompts.
Hold and Resume a Call
To hold, press the Hold soft key. To resume, press the Resume soft key.
Access Call Lists
- Call History can be accessed using the Navigation keys.
- To see recently received calls, press the left arrow key.
- To see recently placed calls, press the right arrow key.
- To see missed calls, press the down arrow key.
- To dial a number, scroll to the desired number, then press the Dial soft key or the Select button.
Do Not Disturb
To enable Do Not Disturb, press the DND soft key. To disable, press the DND soft key again.
Make a Three-way Call
After first call is connected:
- Press the More soft key, then the Confrnc soft key. The active call will be placed on hold.
- Dial new party.
- When call connects, press the Confrnc soft key again to join the calls.
Transfer a Call
After first call is connected:
- Press the More soft key, then the Transfer soft key. (The active call will be placed on hold.)
- To transfer the call unannounced, press and hold the Transfer soft key, then select the Blind option.
Dial the number or extension.
When the party answers, announce transfer. Then press Transfer again to complete. If a Blind transfer, the call will transfer automatically.
To transfer the call directly to another user’s voicemail:
- Dial *55.
- Dial the extension, followed by #.
- A confirmation will announce the transfer is complete.
Press the Home key. Press the right arrow on the Navigation key until the Forward icon is selected. Press Select button. Use up and down arrows on the Navigation keys to select your option.
1.Call Forwarding Always
2.Call Forwarding No Answer
3.Call Forwarding Busy
Enter destination number and press Enable soft key. To disable, follow same steps and press Disable soft key.
Pick up handset and dial:
*72 = Call Forwarding Always
*90 = Call Forwarding Busy
*92 = Call Forwarding No Answer
Enter destination number, then press #.
To deactivate, dial:
*73 = Call Forwarding Always
*91 = Call Forwarding Busy
*93 = Call Forwarding No Answer
*72 Call Forwarding Always Activation
*73 Call Forwarding Always Deactivation
*90 Call Forwarding Busy Activation
*91 Call Forwarding Busy Deactivation
*92 Call Forwarding No Answer Activation
*93 Call Forwarding No Answer Deactivation
*44 Call Recording (if enabled)
*67 Calling Line ID Delivery Blocking per Call
*65 Calling Line ID Delivery per Call
*68 Call Park
*88 Call Park Retrieve
*98 Call Pickup
*11 Call Retrieve
*69 Call Return
*70 Cancel Call Waiting
*99 Clear Voice Message Waiting Indicator
*55 Direct Voicemail Transfer
*78 Do Not Disturb Activation
*79 Do Not Disturb Deactivation
*62 Voice Portal Access
*66 Last Number Redial